Japanese company Yakult ヤクルト is well known in Japan and Asia for its probiotic milk-like product made by fermenting a mixture of skimmed milk with a special strain of the bacterium Lactobacillus casei Shirota.
Yakult was created in 1935 by Minoru Shirota a graduate of the Medical School of Kyoto University in 1930. After its introduction in Japan and Taiwan, Yakult was first sold in Brazil in 1966, due to the large number of Japanese immigrants in the country, and today is sold in 31 countries around the world.
The product is made by Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd. (株式会社ヤクルト本社,) which also owns one of Japan’s major baseball franchises, the Tokyo Yakult Swallows.
Yakult TV commercials in Japan
- Japanese mochi is yummy
- Mona Yamamoto gets married
- Isao Machii modern samurai on Japanese TV
- Yoshitomo Nara pop culture artist
- Creative Tama Art university gradution project videos
- Wadachi cycling in Japan
- Japanese traffic lights red, yellow, blue?
- Huge Japanese cheeseburger from Lotteria
- No More Wendy’s but Subway expanding in Japan
- Japanese Yoga is sexy 3