Ever wonder why Japanese search engines are better for searching for gravure idols and maids? a) the results are geared for otaku b) they search in Japanese c) they don’t have family filters or d) they index content better than Google. The answer is probably b) searching in Japanese as most web content about gravure idols and maids is in Japanese language.
We base our answer on the following funny TV commercial from top Japanese search engine and portal “goo” owned by Japanese phone giant NTT. Type a search for “gravure maid” in your local area and get the following results.
- Akiba maids hard at work
- Docomo TV commercial promoting QR codes
- Maid Cafe flyers in Akihabara
- Japanese yoga is sexy 2
- Amazing NTT Touch wood SH-08C smartphone TV commercial
- Japanese bikini gravure idols
- Japanese maid on an escalator
- Thanko Bluetooth Bracelet for Your Mobile Phone
- Drinking non alcohol beer in Japan