It was just about a matter of time before the folks at Kit Kit Japan would combine the iconic chocolate biscuit bar with Japanese wasabi!! Wasabi Kit Kat lists real wasabi-stem powder 茎わさびパウダー in its ingredients so expect this Kit Kat to pack a distinctive taste.
Looking like a green tea flavored chocolate bar, it is fact white milk chocolate with a strong wasabi flavor. The milky white chocolate goes surprisingly well with wasabi and the cream between the wafers is also wasabi flavored.
The interesting flavored kit kat debuted at the Shizuoka Hobby Show in 2010, and this edition of Kit Kit is promoted heavily in Shizuoka prefecture as Shizuoka happens to be the area in Japan where wasabi is most cultivated.
Wasabi Kit Kat is packaged in box of twelve and is available all year round at most gift shops in the Shizuoka region especially in shops that display this poster.
The wasabi is in the kit kat bar is provided by Tamaruya-honten, a well-known wasabi merchandiser established in 1875 and for those of you counting calories each packet contains 69 calories.
This Kit Kat bar is not recommended however for those who can’t stand the slightest hint of wasabi in their sushi.
- White Day in Japan girls expect gifts
- Hello Kitty with Don Quijote’s Donpen
- Harajuku mascots
- White Cola from Sapporo
- Ramune is Japan’s summer drink
- Morinaga Milk Caramel candy TV commercials 1954 and 2010
- Ippon Manzoku Bar TV commercial
- Tokyo Metro Posters, Please Do it at home
- Valentines day is reverse in Japan
- Lotte Ghana chocolate Valentines day TVCM