Are you looking for the skateboarding, break-dancing, graffiti and urban street fashion community in Japan? A few weeks ago, the annual B-Boy Park festival was held at Yoyogi Park in the Shibuya area of Tokyo.
The B-Boy Park festival started way back in 1997 as a way to bring together Tokyo’s B-Boys and B-Girls for a celebration of music, break-dancing, DJs, graffiti, skating, MCing, fashion, and everything else related to the Japanese B-Boy scene.
Over that weekend, there break-dancing competitions, MC battles, live street art demonstrations, and on the main stage, several well-known acts performed – including one of Japan’s longest running hip hop acts, Rhymester. In addition to the onstage events, there were also booths from several Japanese indie hip hop music labels and fashion brands – and, of course, lots of food and beer for everyone.
Hailed as “Tokyo’s Biggest Block Party” there was a healthy crowd of all different ages and styles and the fashion sense ranged from hip hop to Tokyo street style.
Tokyo B-Boy Park festival 2010 videos
- Fuji Rock Festival 2009 features Oasis
- Japanese Beach party Festival Agaru
- Hifana music videos are great
- Japanese zoo animal escape drills
- Shibuya Tokyo
- Tokyo girls collection 2008 spring and summer is a big fashion success
- Japanese cosplay DenDen Town matsuri Osaka
- Sexiest Japanese dance club ever 100 Reggae Dancers
- Tokyo Glows at night
- Japan Festival Miss Nikkey Brazil 2010