If you’re visiting Nara 奈良市 Japan, be sure to check out the Todaiji Temple 東大寺 or Eastern Great Temple. It’s Great Buddha Hall (大仏殿 ) pictured above, is the largest wooden building in the world and houses the world’s largest bronze statue of the Buddha Vairocana, known in Japanese simply as Daibutsu (大仏).
The temple also serves as the Japanese headquarters of the Kegon school of Buddhism and is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Ogimachi Shirakawa village 1
- Ushiku Daibutsu TV stunt
- Monks praying in Mount Koya
- Dragons at Katsuyama Castle Fukui Japan
- Monkey sign on Mt. Misen Miyajima
- Buddha Brand cool Japanese 90s hip hop
- Enoden trains from Fujisawa to Kamakura
- Praying Japanese Dog
- Tsukiji Market worker
- Virtual Japanese boyfriend from webcare