It’s a nice sunny summer day and you’re out at the beach watching nice Japanese babes in their bikinis listing to your ipod. The battery is running out of juice and you have no spares and no recharger – what can you do? Japanese firm ambienTec has a smart and fashionable solution. They make the 2W, 5V USB Solar Fold and Solarfan portable chargers ソーラーフォルド SC001P1-01BK which can provide 3 hours of listening time on your ipod (or 3 minutes of mobile phone talk time) for every 10 minutes of sunlight exposure.
The 186g Solar Fold has dimensions of 195×69×22(mm) looks like a fan when maximized 352×352×22(mm) and they can plug directly into phones or music players or store electricity into ambienTec batteries. The solar fold comes in black and white and costs about 22,000 Yen.
- Konarka Solar power bag charges your mobile phone
- Thanko Bluetooth Bracelet for Your Mobile Phone
- Japanese baby salaryman on his mobile phone
- Akihabara maid refresh club from candy-fruits
- Tokyo resident waits for his bus
- Japanese solar powered ionic toothbrush Soladey from Shiken KK
- Harrison Ford Japan TV commercials
- Japanese shredded office paper to toilet paper recycling machine
- Japanese girl Mika explains movies Spiderman, Inception and Titanic
- Docomo TV commercial promoting QR codes