Summer is a great time for the beach. One nice place in Japan which has crystal clear waters, a pure sandy beach and perfect dive spot is just twenty minutes away by boat from Naha, Okinawa to the little beach island of Nagannu ナガンヌ島. Nagannu in Okinawan means long – like the shape of this uninhabited island.
A large lagoon surrounds this island making this a great location for banana boat rides, wakeboarding, parasailing, and other marine sports. During the summer months, many visitors get ferried out to Nagannu for fun in the sun.
As for the diving, once outside the lagoon this island drops off drastically to depth of 60 meters/190 feet. Mild currents are common, allowing for great drift diving. It is very common to see green sea turtles and large schools of blue fusillers swimming on the edge of the dropoff.
- Taketomi Island Okinawa
- Aharen Beach Tokashiki Island, Okinawa, Japan
- Japanese posters promoting Papua New Guinea
- Tropical Kume Island Kumejima Okinawa Japan
- Japanese Mitsuko Island for sale
- Emi Ito Beach Angels Moreton Island
- Yokohama pretty at night
- Shima Uta Island Song by The Boom
- Delicious Japanese strawberries in a cup
- Kakigori a delicious Japanese summer treat