Earlier this year, the first annual Moehaku 萌え博 2010 show was held at the Makuhari Messe Convention Center in Tokyo. Moehaku is an exhibition of itasha decorated cars. Itasha is a Japanese term for an otaku fad of decorating cars with anime, manga, or video games characters.
At Moehaku the car decorations usually involved paint schemes and stickers and while decorated cars are called itasha, decorated motorcycles are called itansha while decorated bicycles are itachari.
Besides the cars, there were plenty of games and a large group of cosplayers who attended.
Moehaku 2010 Videos
- Cars 2 trailer and Japanese promo videos featuring Jpop group Perfume
- Lowrider Japan
- Japanese posters promoting Papua New Guinea
- Yamama Music Japanese TV commercial
- Dekotora Japanese trucks are flashy
- Magician Zero SMAP Parody skits
- Dating in Japan Gokon group blind date rite of passage
- Japanese denki assist electric bike ok for flat roads
- Yumachi & Aina Shibuya GAL’S
- Japan Airlines JAL Doraemon plane to promote new Doraemon 2010 movie