Lowriders in Japan? There is a small lowrider subculture in Japan with it’s own music, fashion, community and lingo. That subculture is growing thanks to car shows like the lowrider show which is held six times a year across major cities. Classic American cars like the Chevy Impala have been imported and customized to look gorgeous but what really sets them apart from other custom cars is what they do: hop.
Fitted with hydraulics and powerful batteries these lowriders are made to hop, jump and sometimes crash while rising several feet into the air. Hopping contests are held at lowrider shows where judges look for maximum height without the cars breaking down.
Lowrider Japan videos
- Moehaku 2010 full of itasha, itansha and itachari
- Cars 2 trailer and Japanese promo videos featuring Jpop group Perfume
- Japan Festival Miss Nikkey Brazil 2010
- Mariah Carey pitches at the tokyo dome
- Japan Drifting videos
- Japanese car blog Manablog
- Japanese soul train Soul Tunnels
- Hiroko Mima wins Miss Universe Japan 2008 title
- Annual Japanese Pig Rodeo in Ehime Japan
- Team Evangelion’s Racing Debut in Super GT