Many unmarried Japanese salary men are losing the battle of the bulge. Without a caring Japanese wife of girlfriend, no one is checking on their bad fast food eating habits. Enter the the “Virtual Wife” service from Metaboinfo.com.
Subscribers to the free service can choose from one of four virtual wives, who include a cute maid café waitress, a cool domineering analyst, a motherly nurse, and a fashionable nail artist, and even pick her name. Users then input their height, weight, and lifestyle habits.
In return, they receive 4 emails daily from their virtual wife that include nagging reminders not to engage in unhealthy habits and suggestions for reaching their ideal body weight—all in a tone of voice appropriate to the chosen character.
The service also includes a “meal management tool” with a space to input a menu and find out how many calories are likely involved. We’ve featured coverage before of how mobile phones are being used as health aids, and while this example is less serious, it does fit the trend and furthermore, shows how these services are increasingly not only accessible from mobiles but instructive and communicative as well.
- Japanese robo skateboard
- Virtual Pole Dancers
- Rent a dog in Tokyo Puppy The World
- Japanese virtual dinner series for the lonely otaku
- CoCo Ichibanya curry house is very popular in Okinawa
- Itadakimasu said before eating in Japan
- Japanese girls the Guide e-book
- Japanese Star Wars movie War in Space 1977
- Space barley beer from Sapporo Japan
- Smart ELP by Sassor is a great power management tool