A new series of TV commercials from Wasou feature kimono wearing lessons for a Japanese woman with has a gaijin (foreign) boyfriend played by Aussie comedian Chad Mullane. In the first commercial, the couple are admiring a kimono from a catalog and the gaijin boyfriend mentions it would be great if she wore one when they meet his parents.
As kimonos are not worn regularly, it is quite easy to forget how to wear one and tie the belt so she quickly phones the school to get some lessons. In the second TV ad as she is getting ready to go to her kimono lesson her boyfriend comments on how she seems a lot more excited than when she gets ready to go out with him.
- Gaijin fascination with Japan way back then
- Japanese yukata fashion
- Dog in Kimono
- Japanese coming of age seijin no hi
- Kaiten Sushi webcam
- Darth Vader and the japanese schoolgirls
- Look like a gaijin party accessories
- The Crimson Kimono 1959
- Where are the kimono girls going?