If you live in Japan, you’ll know that Japanese mochi 餅 is a tasty little rice cake made of glutinous rice pounded into paste and molded into shape. In Japan it is traditionally made in a ceremony called mochitsuki. Though you can eat mochi year round, mochi is a traditional food for the Japanese New Year and is commonly sold and eaten during that time.
Mochi ice cream is also popular during summer!
- Yukimi Daifuku Mochi ice cream TV commercials
- Yaskawa Kun ice cream making robot in Tokyosummerland Japan
- Japanese Softcream ice cream
- Japanese ice cream truck
- Lotte mochi ice cream TVCM features Yuko Ogura and Leah Dizon
- Miho Nakayama Mochi ice cream TV commercials 1993
- Pankunchi is what your Japanese girlfriend thinks is cute
- Keiko Kitagawa Palitte Glico ice cream commercial
- Mona Yamamoto gets married
- Japanese summer time rice paddies