Japan is a land known for proper etiquette in every situation and even when you take the escalator there is “escalator etiquette”. In Japan, every time you ride an escalator, people who are just standing stay to one side to ensure a clear lane for others (who may be in a hurry) to pass. This is simple common courtesy and when society follows the rules, it works really well
In the Kanto area (where Tokyo is located), everyone stands to the left and walkers pass on the right. However in the Kansai area (where Osaka is located), everyone stands to the right and walkers pass to the left.
Legend has it that in Tokyo, samurai preferred to stay on the left so they could draw their swords easily, whereas in Osaka merchants preferred to be on the right to protect their belongings carried in the right hand.
- Gachapin, Mukku and Sweet Lollipops appear at the Tokyo Teleport Station
- Minoh Park Osaka in Autumn
- Classic Toshiro Mifune flick Incident at Blood Pass Machibuse 1970
- Beautiful Kyoto in central Japan
- Japanese Yoga is sexy 3
- Beautiful Lake Nozori Gunma prefecture
- Japanese maid on an escalator
- Namba Parks shopping mall Osaka
- Japanese elevator in Osaka carries 80 people
- Last Alliance latest release Hekireki