Every March in the Osaka electronics shopping district of Nipponbashi, colloquially named Den-Den town, んでんタウン (“Den Den” comes from the kanji for electricity, said twice: 電電) the marchants hold a large scale festival (matsuri).
In this area is a mix of old mom and pop widget shops and mega stores, anime boutiques and maid cafes – kind of like Akihabara in Tokyo. During the matsuri, the main street is closed to traffic and the festival program features a wide range of events all especially created for otaku. There are performances by robots, live music, demonstrations of computer graphic-art and the highlights are a fun maid and cosplay parade (people in cartoon-character costumes) where you can soak up the otaku atmosphere.
Den Den Matsuri cosplay videos
- Charapa! Cosplay Otaku event in Roppongi Oct 25
- Yuko Kyomoto in sexy Maid Cosplay
- Live version of Cutie Honey by Koda Kumi
- The amazing Japanese art crew Rinpa Eshidan
- Jet Japan rocks rocks
- Tokyo B-Boy Park festival 2010
- Japanese weddings use look alike robots
- Children’s Day Koi lanterns in Japan
- Nozomi Sasaki maid cosplay for K1 World Max 2009
- Hiroki Mori freelance illustrator and CG designer