Between 1980-1983 wrestling great Hulk Hogan preformed in Japan in the New Japan Pro Wrestling league were he was nicknamed “Ichiban” (which translates to “Number One”). He toured the country from time to time over the next few years, facing a wide variety of opponents ranging from Tatsumi Fujinami to Abdullah the Butcher.
Hogan’s popularity in Japan was so great, he even recorded an album there, appeared on a manga comic and also later appeared on a TV commercial for Hitachi promoting their Bigflow air-conditioners.
Hulk Hogan Hitachi Bigflow Airconditioner Japanese TV commercial
- Tom and Jerry Japanese Hitachi TV commercials
- Tiny Toons in Japan
- Doraemon clips
- Michael Jackson’s Japan Suzuki Commercials
- K-on! fun to watch anime
- Japan in Autumn is awesome
- Cool Japanese manga version of spiderman
- Nissan Cube 2009 TV commercial
- Learn Japanese to read Japanese books
- Sazae-san manga and anime by Machiko Hasegawa